Hospitality Tax


Need help with business licenses, hospitality tax, local accommodations tax, insurance or false burglar alarm registration or payment? 

City revenue staff are available to answer your questions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For all questions, call 864-232-CARE (2273). Please know that staff is monitoring any calls that go to voicemail, and they will be promptly returned.

Additionally, you may send an email to

Tax Requirements

In 2001, Greenville City Council authorized the levy of a 2% Local Hospitality Tax on prepared meals and beverages including alcoholic beverages, beer, and wine sold in the City of Greenville.

All restaurants, bars, lounges, and private clubs serving food and/or alcohol are required to pay this tax. These funds must be used for tourism-related activities and improvements.

For questions regarding hospitality taxes, please contact the City at 864-232-CARE (2273).

Hospitality Tax Revenue

This report (at right) is updated monthly with tax revenue based on calendar year. If you need assistance, email Karen Osborne at or email Burella Williams at