Garbage & Recycling
Residential service is provided once a week. Please reference the collection map below to determine your designated collection day.
Contact customer service at 864-467-4345 for further assistance.
Obtain a Garbage Cart / Recycling Bin
New residents should call Customer Service at 864-467-4345 to establish collection for garbage, recyclables and yard waste. The City will deliver a garbage cart and recycling cart at no charge, additional garbage and recycling carts cost $60.
- Bulky items placed out for collection
- Parked cars
- Piles of yard waste
- Recycling bins
- Telephone poles
- Please place all household garbage and other miscellaneous trash inside your cart.
- When you place your cart at the curb, be sure the handle of the cart faces away from the street.
- Place your curbside cart, recycling bin, yard waste and bulk items at the curb for collection by 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Yard waste must be placed at the street for collection, and must be separated from other materials such as bulk waste and other household items.
- Please keep grass/leaf pile separate from branch/limb pile
- Please cut branches/limbs into six-foot (or shorter) sections
- Please DO NOT place yard debris in garbage/recycling cart
- Please DO NOT bag ANY of your yard waste
After collection, the empty carts and bins must be removed from the street as soon as possible. Remember - it is both unsightly and a violation of City ordinance to leave these containers out on days other than normal collection days.
As of July 1, 2015, the fee for Residential Collection, which covers all residential buildings with 3 or less units, is $15.50 per month, and is charged in your water bill.
Commercial and all residential over 3 units / buildings are not eligible for Solid Waste collection services. Please contact a private hauler for collection services.
Holiday Collection Notices
The City's general schedule for holiday collection observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day